N.B. The Parish Grasslands Project has no responsibility for, nor warrants or endorses the quality or reliability of any goods or services displayed on these pages. It is the responsibility of all advertisers to ensure the accuracy of information displayed: any inaccuracies should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John Barnby, St Briavels Contact: 01594 530845 Hay Making, Topping, Fencing.
- Beards, Mork Farm Contact: 01594 530102 Large scale agricultural contractors, with machinery not suitable for small fields.
- Josef Rose
Contact: 07882 101819, email@example.com
- Practical - Hedge laying and cutting, strimming, chainsaw work, fencing and other general countryside work.
- Ecological - Advice on habitat management and improvement. (Degree in Wildlife Conservation)
- Other - General livestock work.
Owain Rees, Blade Meadow Services
Contact: 07838 492933, firstname.lastname@example.org
Comprehensive service - building, fencing, welding grass cutting and general odd jobs.
Owain also has an alpine tractor with a 5ft flail, which can get into large and small paddocks, orchards with low boughs, and steep banks. This can cut back heavy scrub or light grass.
He now has a flail mower too with a collector which is great for wildflower meadows and horse paddocks alike as it picks up the clippings as it's cut and can be put out of the way. He has reasonable rates and does a prompt service.
- Richard McKeand, Brooke Estate Management Ltd Contact: 01600 717097, email@example.com Grass cutting/collecting, small bale haymaking and other field management. Website: www.treesandgrounds.co.uk
- Alex Bailey, Woolaston Contact: 07984 693 993 Haymaking (conventional bales), topping, hedge cutting, chain harrowing. Machinery can often access difficult fields.
- Huw Gilchrist, Stroat Contact: 01594 529 207 Haymaking (conventional bales, baler needs minimum 11ft gate access), pasture topping, chain harrowing, rolling.
- Terry Claxton Contact: 07881 275892, firstname.lastname@example.org Small 4WD alpine tractor and flail, good on slopes. Flail mowing of bracken, brambles, topping etc.
- Cecilia Delville-Lindsay Contact: 07787 896615 Harrowing, rolling and topping
M & G Paddock Maintenance
Contact: Mark: 07766 131374 Gregor: 07518 979170,
email@example.com, facebook: M & G Paddock Maintenance
Offering a range of grassland/pasture, bracken and woodland management services, using a specialist alpine tractor, suitable for awkward banks and small paddocks. Please contact us for further information. Services include:
- Flail Topping
- Chain Harrowing
- Bracken Bruising/Cutting
- Log Splitting
- Further services available
- Dennis Teague Contact: 01594 564866 Stonewalling.
- Steve Nott Contact: 01594 823969 and 07985 325589 Drystone walling: repairs and rebuilding. Garden maintenance
- Duncan Burnell
Contact: 07896 236115, firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Member of the Dry Stone Walling Association (DSWA).
New builds and repairs of freestanding or retaining walls.
Also applying a real, natural stone face to concrete block walls.
See website: www.princeofwalls.com
- Tim Hill, Deer and Wildlife Management Deer management on the Hudnalls. Website: http://www.deerwildlifecontrol.com
- Brockweir and Hewelsfield Village Shop. Contact:email@example.com Website: www.bandhvillageshop.co.uk. Situated on Mill Hill Brockweir, the Village Shop and Cafe, a community enterprise managed professionally and run by volunteers, sells a wide variety of locally grown foods including produce listed on this web site. Come and sample produce from our meadows ranging from honey to cider.
- John & Susan Childs, Cowshill Farm, Hewelsfield. Contact: 01594 530046 Rare breed stock, Berkshire and British Lop pigs and Old Gloucester Cattle. Grass fed beef and pork provided as packs of burgers, sausages, joints, steaks, ham & bacon.
- Madgetts Farm, Tidenham Chase Contact: 01291 680174 Website: www.madgettsfarm.co.uk. Free range chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Orchards Cider, Brockweir Contact: 01291 689536 Website: www.orchardsciderandperry.com. Producers of award winning craft ciders and perries, created from local Gloucestershire and Monmouthshire fruits, using traditional methods and modern standards